June 24, 2022
Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA): Part 4 of 9
This article is part of a series. If you haven’t read the previous parts in the series, it would be helpful to do that before continuing on, as they are most informative if read in order. The entire series can be seen in the box on the page.
Are there other responsibilities for all members of the parish with regard to initiation?
The short answer is, “Yes!” The RCIA text says that in addition to learning and serving, our role in initiation means we worship together…remembering our duty to give thanks and praise to God with our entire lives.
- Remembering God’s great love for us.
- Remembering Jesus’ gift of himself, so that we might become more like him.
- Remembering our purpose here is to love and serve the Lord, cooperating in the coming of God’s kingdom on earth as it is in heaven.
- Remembering that Jesus is the Lord of all, and that means our own lives.
- Remembering…so that we might believe and then act.
- Remembering, with vitality, conviction, and communion.
- And remembering that among us are those searching for Jesus…is he really here? Do these people REALLY believe that?
In the next post, we will take a look at the community and the Period of the Catechumenate.